LED lights have many advantages
- They are much less sensitive to vibrations and shocks.
- LED lights are wear and maintenance-free.
- They are also dust and waterproof.
- More compact designs are possible
- Completely new designs are possible using LED technology (e.g. Lightguide or Running Flasher)
- They need much less power than light bulbs. Savings of up to 90% are possible here.
- The lower power consumption also contributes to CO2 reduction. In this way, customers also do their bit for the environment.
- The extended service life also saves the customer money and nerves.
But exactly these advantages also have a disadvantage. Due to the low power consumption, some towing vehicles do not recognize the LED. The result - the towing vehicle warns the driver about the defective function of the turn signal.
WHY ARE THE FUNCTIONS OF THE REAR LIGHT ACTUALLY MONITORED BY THE VEHICLE?
The legislator clearly stipulates in ECE-R48 that a towing vehicle must monitor the function of turn signals. The towing vehicle must warn the driver if the function is no longer available.
THEREFORE THE SANUBE TURN SIGNAL FAILURE CONTROL!
A turn signal failure control simulates the load of a light bulb. This ensures that the towing vehicle really recognises the LED lights. The electronics of the indicator failure control is configured in such a way that in case of a defect of the indicator function (mechanical or electronic) the simulated load is switched off. The towing vehicle thus does not recognise any function of the indicator and automatically warns the driver.
VERSIONS OF A FLASHER FAILURE CONTROL:
Sanube offers customers 2 versions of indicator failure control. The first version is an external control unit. This is mounted between the wiring harness and the rear light.
Disadvantage: You have an external device which has to be mounted additionally. This of course results in additional time for the installation and an additional financial expenditure.
But Sanube is the first manufacturer who managed to integrate the indicator failure control into a combination rearlight. With our combination rear lamp "ROM IV" we have succeeded in integrating the full function of the "LED-BOX small" into an LED combination rear lamp. This means that the customer no longer has to build an expensive, separate control unit on the vehicle. Thus LED lights have become a real alternative for customers for the first time. We have now extended this successful concept with the combination rear lamp "RIO" and many customer-specific combination rear lamps.